Home Improvements & Job Update

There have been a variety of changes around our place since the last update, beginning with the addition of five very cute little fish. We have 4 female guppies and 1 male (the one with the leopard print tail). Before yesterday, they were hanging out in Fabi's old room upstairs, but they are now officially part of the family down here on the ground level. Their little tank is in the dining room.


We've also entirely reclaimed the garden. You've seen the photos from move-in day, and I am proud to present the fruits of 2 days of labor - a clean patio, a visible fence, and plenty of space to sit outside and eat dinner, or lay in the sun.

 
Another welcome change is the brightening of our living room by adding a postcard collage to the giant wooden monstrosity. Turns out Fabian collects postcards just like I do - and we didn't know that about each other until last weekend!
 
 
Here is a closer view of the collage:

While I have no refrigerator door to display my magnets, I did find an emtpy metal surface next to the furnace, and can proudly display some of my Webster, IFC, Missouri, and MOBOT swagger.
 

Job Update:
This week on Thursday I have an interview with the city of Ludwigsburg, in which I hope to convince them that I can provide top-quality English tours. They offer everything from Segway tours to "poets of the city" tours, to tours of the best places to get a coffee, along with the typical castle tours. It seems like tour heaven. Now I just have to prove myself worthy (and possibly also capable of giving such tours in German).

Comments

  1. Looks like things are going well, LB! I LOVE THE COLLAGE! Tell Fabi hello for me, and have a great day! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun