Bike Tour along the Neckar

Definitely hit a milestone yesterday - rode 30 miles on my bike. We rode up to Stuttgart on the train to meet my friend Mirjam (a Webster exchange student from Germany a few years back), had ice cream, then rode our bikes all the way home. 
Being goofy along the trail

View of the Neckar from a bridge

When you ride on the bikeways here on a sunny day, there are people everywhere! You have to use your bell to warn people that you're coming up from behind them. But once yesterday, a man was busy talking to his friends and didn't hear me. I tried to squeeze past him anyway on the bridge, but he walked right in front of me, and I had to hit the wall to not run him over. Kind of embarassing, but not my fault. Not long after, I convinced Fabi that we should take a break at one of the many beer gardens along our way. We chose this one:


Remseck, halfway home

Pausing at the Boathouse Beer Garden

My legs are surprisingly okay today. But I'm still tkaing it easy. Just doing laundry, dishes, etc. and catching up with people. This afternoon I'll get back to sending out applications.
Today I'm going to give Margit some of the English magazines that Kimberly gave me at my goodbye party, so she can practice her English. Speaking of practicing English, I am going to begin tutoring some kids in English as soon as the school year starts back up again. One teenage girl and a tweenage boy, both friends of the family. Not sure how much I'll earn yet, but it will help! And I really look forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun