Xmas Decor for the Scavenger











Being my first real Christmas away from home, I was not able to snatch extra decorations from my parents. So being craftiness & quirkiness have been lifesavers. I thought perhaps some people might get a kick out of my decorations, so I've documented.

No Christmas tree this year - but there is a pointsetta, next to which I've placed a chocolate Sankt Nikolaus. To the left we have a red cemetery candle in a candy dish, surrounded by miniature baubles. To the right we have a Jägermeister shot glass as a candle dish, tied up with a Christmas ribbon.



The next few ornaments were actually small gifts in the Advent Calendar I recieved from Margit - small wooden stars made of genuine tree bark. We hung them on the door handles of the monstrosity. 

 
Next, we have a succulent that went crazy on me, an apple from a local farmer that we picked in October, three more hand-me-down baubles tied with Christmas ribbon, and the lovely prayer card that my Grandma Eschbacher sent me this year. This plant is the closest thing we have to a Christmas tree.

These little items are nestled in the corner of our dining room. (Also in the dining room is the advent wreath, which has already been featured.)

     
 
Last but not least, it simply wouldn't be LB's at Christmas if there weren't some lights. Here's my hipster-fabulous photograph of said lights. And yes, I admit, I thought briefly about making this my Facebook cover photo. But I resisted the urge! Be proud of me! haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun