Cross Your Sevens (Please)

Happy announcement: two packages have arrived from the U.S. this week! We had to pick them up at the Zollamt (the customs office) in Ludwigsburg, because the officals tax you on anything sent into the country that's over a certain weight and value - 45 Euros, or about $60 bucks.

There have been continued problems with the postman. Aside from putting my letters in our neighbor's newspaper box, he keeps complaining that my letters are incorrectly addressed! So I've made a little chart which explains how Germans write/read the numbers 1 and 7. Please refer to this when addressing post to me!




Thanks to everyone who has sent me Christmas cards as well. Shout out to Uncle Don, Candice, Paige, Grandma, and the Webster U. Student Ambassadors - you are all displayed on the nook in my dining room!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun