Flight Booked

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's official. LB and Fabi's trip home has been booked for late August to early September! It will be my first trip home post-moving to Germany, and our first flight over the ocean together. (It's gonna be nice not having to sit next to a stranger for 8+ hours over the ocean.)

By that time, it will be over a year since I've stepped foot in the States. Luckily half of that year is already behind me! But it makes me think about all the hurdles I've been through thus far. In September last year, I never would have imagined that I'd have a semi-normal life by now, with a more or less steady job. The fact that I found employment so quickly is a blessing in itself. It seems the universe conspired on my side and enabled things to unfold in my favor. Thanks, universe!

Now I've just got to get through a little more than five months before the big trip. The upcoming hurdles include a battle with the Landratsamt over the validity of my driver's license and my first German-American dual tax return (eesh). But luckily, I've got a future mother-in-law with tax know-how and a future father-in-law who works for the state & has experience with legal issues. Again, blessings all around!

When I come home this fall there are many people I'd like to see (basically all my readers, if possible). The basic plan is to be stationed in Sullivan, with maybe a camping trip mixed in there somewhere. So, you know where to find me! I'll only be reachable per email/FB or my parents' landline phone. Anyone who needs that number, just shoot me an email.

I'm broke as all get-out now, but I'm happy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun