My Epic, Husband-less September

I knew in advance that the day would not be a happy one, when Fabi flew off and I'd be stuck at home alone for a full month. Before his departuer, tensions had risen, emotions were high, and then when he finally left to join his best friend since childhood for a hiking trip in Canada, I was somehow relieved that he was finally gone! No more trips to the outdoor gear store, no more picking up his Amazon orders at the post office once/twice a week, and no more pre-trip stress!

I've had both sides of the cookie since he left: really great, independent, happy days and aweful, lonely ones that unpleasantly reminded me of the two years of long distance at the beginning of our relationship.

Luckily, I'd hatched a plan long before his departure to keep me busy and distracted! Here was the lineup of my truly epic month of September:

08/30 - Dinner with Jessi in Kleinbottwar
08/31 - Marathon of old Star Trek movies
09/01 - Stop by Berlitz for breakfast
09/02 to 09/04 - Girls weekend in Göttingen with Katja
09/07 - Liam and Abi arrive from the U.S.! 
09/08 - Trip to Heidelberg
09/09 - Heilbronner Weindorf with the Berlitz peeps
09/10 - a wedding and a family birthday
09/11 - swimming at the lake and Asian food with Margit & Peter
09/12 - Ulm overnigt at Annika's place
09/13 to 09/15 - exploring Munich with Steffi
09/17 - Hiking with Margit in Besigheim
09/18 - epic movie day, then Weindorf again!
09/19 - Liam and Abi fly back to the U.S., I go back to work.
09/20 - Info Night @ work
09/22 - Ladies night with Berlitz girls
09/23 to 09/25 - Girls weekend in Ulm with Annika
09/26 - Start of Semester at the university where I work
09/27 - Ice cream with former student
09/29 - Thai food for dinner with Jessi and Katja
TOMORROW: Fabi flies home!

My heroes of the month were all my girlfriends, my mother-in-law, and my incredible brother Liam and his wonderful girlfriend Abi. Thanks to all of you, my sad days were few and far between.

All my love,

Laura Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirndl Fun

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"