24th Birthday



Just a few photos from my dance party birthday celebration! We had  small group over, including all the Kleinbottwar classics, plus new friends and significant others! I made "little pizza breads" with salami and artichoke, and the others brought all the salad and deserts. We partied "into" my birthday, as the Germans would say - started in Saturday night and, at midnight, everyone gave me a big hug and a gift, then said their personal birthday wishes to me. And then we kept dancing.

It felt like old times - I celebrated my 17th birthday and my 24th birthday with virtually the same people! Plus, I'm starting to realize that my memories from my year in Germany are just as much a part of my "good old days" as the memories from Borgia or from Webster. And that makes me feel like I'm home, even if I'm thousands of miles away from it.

Katja and me
But of course, no birthday is complete with out quality sister time! My birthday twin turned 21 this year. I'm sad I couldn't take her out, but we found a different way to connect that was just as fun: when I signed onto Skype, my family was sitting around the breakfast table, and they had stacked me (AKA the laptop) on a pile of presents, so that I was sitting in my normal spot, and we visited and ate breakfast together like normal.  Then we even opened presents together, and I got another view of Emily's growing baby belly. (Just 1 month left!)

 

I got muffins, perfume, a scarf, various chai teas, a spa weekend with the girls, a goofy book, lots of chocolate, and lots of phone calls and nice messages from family and friends. It was great birthday!

Today it's back to work, after a long weekend of cleaning, partying, and cleaning some more. But luckily I got to start my week off right - Katja and I went to breakfast together before I had to go to Stuttgart.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dirndl Fun

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"