I'm not singing this year, but was proud to help with the flyer design. Anyone in Germany is welcome - if you're in need of some Christmas-feeling. I'll save you a seat!
This year for the first time since 2012, Fabian and I hosted Thanksgiving. The usual suspects were in attendance - Fabi and Katja, Felix and Silvi, Jessi and Steffi. Since we normally celebrate in Göttingen four hours away, it has become part of our tradition to spend the whole weekend together and chill sleepover-style. Even though we celebrated only about 30 minutes away from everyones' parents' homes this year, I personally felt we should keep that same atmosphere going, and so during October we worked hard to prep our upstairs for overnight guests! Here are a few photos taken just before the party started on Saturday. Step 1: We took the table from our computer room and set it up in the dining room. We opened the window, closed the door, and our office became the cooling room for our drinks. Step 2: We cleaned and organized the attic, built some shelving, and prepared the first two sleeping spots with collapsible mattresses. Step 3: Hansi's air matt...
It's snowing! It's snowing! I'm quite enthusiastic about this winter wonderland. I haven't seen the likes of this in St. Louis for years! But the temperatures haven't been steady enough to keep it on the ground. We get snow or sleet in the morning, then the sun comes out and melts everything by afternoon. All the necessary preparations for the season are complete - filled up our antifreeze, salted the stairs to our door, put winter tires on the car, and decorated the apartment for Christmas. I'm having a hard time keeping the poinsetta alive, so I put decorations around my succulent instead. Work is going smoothly. I still don't have too many hours, but the 2 students I have are wonderful. Their names are Gretel and Brigitta (can you get more German-sounding?) and they are such sweet ladies! Today Brigitta gave me a hug at the end of class and said "English lessons, MANY fun!" Don't worry, we'll work on that grammar. I'm getting more ...
I knew in advance that the day would not be a happy one, when Fabi flew off and I'd be stuck at home alone for a full month. Before his departuer, tensions had risen, emotions were high, and then when he finally left to join his best friend since childhood for a hiking trip in Canada, I was somehow relieved that he was finally gone! No more trips to the outdoor gear store, no more picking up his Amazon orders at the post office once/twice a week, and no more pre-trip stress! I've had both sides of the cookie since he left: really great, independent, happy days and aweful, lonely ones that unpleasantly reminded me of the two years of long distance at the beginning of our relationship. Luckily, I'd hatched a plan long before his departure to keep me busy and distracted! Here was the lineup of my truly epic month of September: 08/30 - Dinner with Jessi in Kleinbottwar 08/31 - Marathon of old Star Trek movies 09/01 - Stop by Berlitz for breakfast 09/02 to 09/04 - Girls we...
Comments
Post a Comment