May Happenings

Long time, no post! The past few weeks have been busy and not-busy at the same time. The month of May has four bank holidays in Germany, two of which fall on Thursdays, and so most Germans usually take Friday - the Brückentag ("bridge day") - off too. Good for relxaing, bad for the freelancer's wallet. Whatever.
 
Some exciting updates:
 
1. I got a new bike! My very own, used-but-perfect blue bike! Last year I used the old red one from Fabi's aunt, but this year one of Margit's friends upgraded and just gave me her old one. It's much lighter and all the gears work. Yesterday Fabi and I took it for a spin to Gronau. He dropped off a copy of his Bachelor's thesis on his boss' desk, then we peddaled to Oberstenfeld and got ourselves some Bailey's ice cream before heading back. Between Großbottwar and Kleinbottwar we coincidentally saw Margit on her new, borrowed racing bike, so we rode the final stretch home together.
 
2. On Monday, I've been hired to be the Vanna of vaccum cleaners out at SPRiNTUS. I normally give English lessons there, but when it came time to choose someone to star in their promotional videos, the whole staff apparently thought me the perfect candidate. I have to be there at 8:30, bring four outfits that could pass for "professional maintenance worker", and wear a baseball cap. Haha!

3. Fabi and I are planning a weekend trip to Weimar and Dresden in a few weeks, to take advantage of that last May holiday weekend. He's been to Weimar and loves it because the city is full of museums and monuments to Goethe and Schiller. Apparently there's also a ginkgo tree museum there, which I'm looking forward to. I'm not quite sure what we'll see in Dresden yet. We still have some research to do. Suggestions are welcome!
 
Other than that, Spring continues to bloom its way towards summer. We were pleasantly surprised this year by some flowers in our garden that we didn't know existed... not sure what kind they are, but they're lovely.  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up the Alps, Down a "Bier"

Dirndl Fun